1. VitaBrownie – Made by the Vitalicious Company, this is a decadent dessert that will satisfy your craving for sweets and chocolate. They also make VitaMuffins, muffin tops and cakes.
2. Whey Low Natural Sweetener – A sugar substitute that taste exactly like sugar, No Joke! It has 75% fewer calories, 70 – 80% lower Glycemic Index, and only 1 effective carbohydrate per serving.
3. Butterball Turkey Bacon – If you like bacon, you will probably like turkey bacon. What’s great about it is that it has only 35 calories and 0.2 carbohydrates per slice. Hint: To get the crispy effect fry it in a little extra virgin olive oil.
4. Stonyfield Organic Low-Fat FrozenYogurt – One ½ cup serving has only 150 calories, 2% of your daily fat and 15% of your daily calcium. The yogurt comes in Javalanche, Cookies’N’ Dream, Cream Caramel, Minty Chocolate Chip, and Raspberry White Chocolate Chunk.
5. Fat-Free Organic Milk – There are several brands to choose from. I started out by drinking 2%, then 1%, until I finally got to the fat-free version. Organic milk seems to keep a lot longer than regular milk. It is excellent with the VitaBrownie.
6. Flat Earth Crisps – These flavorful crisp come vegetable and fruit flavors. There is a half serving of fruit or vegetable in every serving and they actually taste good. These chips can satisfy your need for crunchy snacks.
7. Oatmeal – Yep, regular old oatmeal can satisfy your hunger, is low in fat, and helps to lower your cholesterol naturally.
8. Bear Naked Granola & Trail Mix – This stuff is great! If you like granola you will love this. The company boasts of having all natural, bearly processed and utterly naked ingredients that you can pronounce.
9. Walnuts – Limited amounts of walnuts are very nutritious and great tasting. They are packed with minerals and proteins such as magnesium, zinc and selenium. Keep nuts is the refrigerator to avoid spoiling.
10. Organic Microwave Popcorn – This is a great snack sans the butter and salt. Newman’s Organic Popcorn is one brand, but there are others. Consumers concerned about fat consumption will appreciate that no partially hydrogenated oils or trans fatty acids are used.
11. Nancy’s Organic Non-Fat Yogurt - Our fruit on top is a pure delight for those who take pleasure in mixing their own fruit and yogurt. We also have blended yogurts – you need only your spoon to stir up the fruit from the bottom.
2. Southeast Whole Grain & Supply – I was never able to get into the sunflower seeds, I do like pumpkin seeds. This company carries natural seeds and grain, but you can always buy the one in your local market.
3. Frugal Snacks - Many people who want to lose weight claim they can’t afford to purchase healthy foods. However, there are plenty of snack choices that can help you stick to your diet without blowing your budget. For example, you can snack on any of the following choices: apple slices, bananas, dry cereal, baby carrots, grapes, hard boiled eggs, and homemade trail mix made with unsalted almonds, raisins, sunflower seeds, pretzels, and chocolate chips.