I have been really busy this week and contemplated not doing a Thursday Thirteen post, but it is so much fun that I could not resist. Here is a list of thirteen trivia facts. There is no rhyme or reason to the list, but let me know if you knew about some of them.
1. Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
2. The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To Beaver".
3. There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
4. The longest one-syllable word in the English language are "Screeched, Scratched, Scrounged, Scrunched, Splotched, Squinched, and Squelched."
5. Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula"-and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: "L.A."
6. 60 Minutes is the only television show with no theme music.
7. All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.
8. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
9. It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
10. According to Genesis 1:20-22, the chicken came before the egg.
11. In medieval England, beer was often served with breakfast. (I love this one)
12. Five Jell-O flavors that flopped: celery, coffee, cola, apple, and chocolate.
13. The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants