Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Music Memoirs Week #45

List the first band/artist/song/album that comes to mind when you see these 10 words:

Ending: The Beginning of My End by The Unifics

Long: Long Tall Sally by Little Richard

School: School Is Out by Kool and the Gang

Teen: Smells Like Teen Spirit

Crazy: Crazy by Patsy Cline

Search: Searchin' by The Coasters

Baby: Baby Baby Baby Baby by Brandy

Shoes: My Addidas

Mellow: Mellow Yellow by Donovan

Window: Look Into The Window by The Jackson Five

2 comments:

X. Dell said...

Ending: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band (Beatles--the clamactic ending that leads to the final chord)

Long: "The Long and Winding Road" (Beatles--Hmm. I seem to be stuck in a rut here.)

School: "School's Out" (Alice Cooper)

Teen: "Teenager in Love" (Dion and the Belmonts)

Crazy: "Crazy for You" (Madonna)

Search: "I've Been Searching So Long" (Chicago)

Baby: "Ooh, Baby, Baby" (Smokey Robinson and the Miracles)

Shoes: "Blue Suede Shoes" (Carl Perkins)

Mellow: "Have You Ever Been Mellow" (Olivia Newton-John--I actually thought of Donovan's "Mellow Yellow" first, but I think that I already used taht for an earlier one of these. Didn't want to use the same song twice.)

Window: "The Windows of the World" (Dionne Warwicke)

musikal maniac said...

Hey X., You have some excellent choices here. I actually thought about Alice Cooper and Dionne Warwick also, as well as Carl Perkins. I did not think of Olivia Newton John, although I liked that song when it was a hit. Whenever I hear the word mellow I automatically think of Donovan for some reason.