Friday, November 7, 2008

Michael Tells Family To Beat It

Despite the recent announcement of a proposed Jackson 5 reunion in 2009, fans won't get a chance to see the group's biggest selling star. Unfortunately, Michael Jackson has issued a statement saying he will not be apart of the 2009 family outing. Michael has issued a statement saying that his brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and they certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. "I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon." Michael's brother Jermaine first announced reunion plans on October 29 while taping an Australian TV show.

Approximately a year ago the I blogged about first hint of a reunion was leaked to the public (story here). At that time it was assumed that Michael would be participating. I mean if Michael is not going to be there why bother? On his radio show Malcolm of Pop Culture Dish does a segment entitled "With Or Without You" and while many groups/bands can go on without the main attraction (the Commodores come to mind), the Jackson need Michael in order to attract any interest. I am certainly not spending any money to see Latoya and Rebbie!

3 comments:

The Rock Chick said...

I had always been a fan of Michael Jackson's music, but since all the allegations about him and just the bizarre way he treats his own children, dangling over balconies and wearing masks and veils covering their faces, I just have no interest in him anymore. Like you, I wouldn't pay to hear the other Jacksons, but I wouldn't pay to hear Michael anymore either. He gives me the creeps.

pjazzypar said...

Hi RC,

This is one of those situations where I have to make a distinction. I agree with you that Michael is weird (regardless to whether I believe the allegations or not). Does that mean I will never listen to the music, no it does not. A lot of my childhood memories are linked to the music of the Jackson 5.

I would not have let Mike anywhere near my kid because he is so weird. I have to question the parents who allowed Mike access to their children in the first place (what the hell were they thinking)? Mick Jagger has done some unsavory things that I don't agree with, but I am not turning down any Rolling Stones tickets either.

It's a moot point now, since Michael is not performing, but if he were I would be front and center.

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hello there,

I certainly don't blame Michael for not participating... he was part of the Jackson 5 from the age of 4 or 5 until his teens when he stepped out on his own. Some chapters of life CAN BE closed and can remain closed.

No one should criticize him for not choosing to be part of the family group all over again.

I was never a huge fan of Michael after his Thiller days were over and I would not buy his music....as for the allegations about his pedophilia, I am not sure I believe it but he CERTAINLY has never been in a stable adult relationship that the public has known about and he's 50 years old....