Thursday, November 27, 2008

Two Time Dancing With The Stars Winner Will Not Return

Two time "Dancing With The Stars" winner, Julieanne Hough will not be returning next season. In an interview on Ryan Seacrest radio show, Hough reported that she will be leaving the show to focus on her country singing career. Her brother Derek Hough is this season's winner.

In the four seasons Julianne Hough has been dancing the show she taken top honors twice. In her first season with the show she won with speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno. She repeated the next season with race car driver Helio Castroneves. The only other two time winner on the show is Cheryl Burke, who won seasons two and three respectively.

I was talking on the phone while watching the show one night this season and I commented that the singer looked a lot like Julieanne, to which my friend replied, that it was in fact her. She is actually a pretty good singer whose hope is to be taken seriously in the industry. I wish her luck, but if things don't go as planned she can always come back to "Dancing With The Stars" season nine.

Here is a clip of Julianne and Derek Hough dancing the Jive.


3 comments:

Bar L. said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! THIS WAS INCREDIBLE! I have to admit I have never seen a single episode but now I am wondering why????? These two are great. Thanks for making me smile today!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Pjazzy - I have never watched this show but everyone I know does and the next day all I hear are comments on who did what and who won. I was going to watch this time because I heard - erroneously - that Tom Selleck was going to be on. When I found out that wasn't true I didn't watch but missed out on Rocco, the dancing chef and Cloris Leachman.

I give up, I'm going to watch next time around, lol.

I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is filled with family, friends, food and great buys at the malls!

SjP said...

I missed this season of DWSs. Will have to make sure to start watching again. I understand Warren went pretty far this season which is pretty remarkable in itself.