Friday, January 16, 2009

The theme this week is television theme songs. I love television theme songs and there are so many to choose from. I chose the theme song from "Maude", which was song by Donny Hathaway and the theme from "Living Single".

This meme was developed by
Marvalus View and Mrs. Grapevine

The rules are simple:

1. Anyone can participate, any music genre

2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999

3. No offensive music allowed, please use the edited radio version

4. Post a video of your favorite songs to take us back down memory lane

5. Add your name to the meme so that others can check you out

6. Have fun and don't forget to leave comments for other participants

Click here

12 comments:

Edirin said...

great choices, the theme song was Maude is one of my favorites too

Tha Connoisseur said...

I totally forgot about Maude! Great Pick! :)

Anonymous said...

Do you remember that Maude was a spin-off from All in The Family - believe it or not Maude was Edith's cousin!!!

I loved Living Single and think that show was what brought the Queen to mainstream America, don't you?

Pjazzy - I got so excited about the theme this week - you know me and TV Themes, lol!!! So I went a little nuts and now you get to Play a Few of My Favorite Fifties TV Theme Songs!

John Holland said...

Wow, this theme is bringing back old memories. I had almost forgotten about Maude. It was strange, I never really watched All in the Family, but I watched Maude, which was spun off from that show.

Revvy Rev said...

You know I like what you're putting down at Traces of a Stream. Maude and Dony H. are right on it, as you know. Living Single was great as well! Enjoy your weekend PJazzy.

Unknown said...

I liked Maude! I love the Living Single theme!

X. Dell said...

Can't go wrong with Donnie Hathaway.

Marvalus said...

Two very diverse choices! I totally forgot Donny sang the theme to Maude...that immediately makes it a favorite!

SjP said...

I'd forgotten all about Maude. Use to love that show! And Living Single is a great pick,too!

Believer said...

I so remember "Living Single"—good show!

Candy Minx said...

Oh this song cracked me up. I always had mixed feelings about Maude...she was funny because she would go out of her way to make sure people knew/thought she was liberal and tolerant.

Anonymous said...

I κnoω thіs if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm assuming havіng a
blοg lіkе уourѕ wоuld cost а рrеtty pеnny?
I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% pοsitive.
Any tiρѕ or advice ωoulԁ be greatly apprеciated.
Thank уou

Loоk at my homepagе :: tens units