Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Music Memoirs, Tuesday Tunes - Week 33


From Music Memoirs, Tuesday Tunes - Week 33.

This week is word association week and it's all in colors! I'll give you a color and you tell me the first song/artist/album that comes to mind when you see it.

Pink: You Make Me Sick (by singer Pink)

Purple: Purple Rain (Prince)

Blue:
Blue Suede Shoes (Elvis Presley)

White:
White Christmas (Bing Crosby)

Gold:
Band of Gold (Freda Payne)

Silver:
Silver Thread, Golden Needles (Linda Ronstadt)

Green:
The Green, Green Grass of Home (Porter Waggoner)

Yellow:
Mellow Yellow (Donovan)

Red:
Crimson and Clover (Tommy James & the Shondells)

Brown: Charlie Brown (Coasters)


4 comments:

X. Dell said...

Pink: "Get This Party Started" by Pink (sorry, but it was the first to come to mind).

Purple: "Purple Rain" by Prince.

Blue: "Blue Bayou" by Roy Orbison.

White: "White Room" by Cream.

Gold: "Golden Slumbers" by the Beatles.

Silver: "Silverheels" by Bob Welch (If I could sing like Paul McCartney, or give the boogie like Etta James, I'd never change).

Green: "Scarborough Fair" by Simon and Garfunkel (lyrics "On the side of a hill in the deep forest green").

Yellow: "Mellow Yellow" by Donovan.

Red: "Come and Get Your Love" by Redbone.

Brown: "Charlie Brown" by the Coasters.

Hmm. Seem to have rock and roll on my mind today.

I tried to do this without looking at your answers, but we still matched on a couple.

Malcolm said...

What a cool and diverse list. I wish I had my copy of "Charlie Brown" at work so I could listen to it. Fe-fe, fi-fi, fo-fo, fum. I smell smoke in the auditorium.

Melli said...

OH my gosh! You've got some EXCELLENT selections! I can't even believe I didn't think of some of these! Mellow Yellow especially! Sheeeesh! I LOVED that song in High School! WOW! Good memories!

pjazzypar said...

x. dell, This is a cool list. You seem to be stuck in the 60's and early 70's era too. I didn't even think about the "Blue Bayou", "White Room" or "Come and Get Your Love". All excellent choices I might add.

Malcolm, The game says to provide the first thing you think of, so I did just that. I don't know why I thought about "The Green, Green, Grass". Anyhow Charlie Brown was a great from the REAL Rock and Roll era. If I come across a copy I will send it to you.

Melli, Your list was superb as well. Thanks for visiting.