This is my second Thursday Thirteen and I think I should introduce myself with thirteen facts about myself in no particular order. I probably should have provided this introduction last week, but I didn't think about it. Better late than never.
1. I moved to the Dallas area earlier this year after living in Long Beach, California over 16 years.
2. I teach at two colleges in the Dallas Community College District. My courses are Intro Sociology and Criminology. I love interacting with the students and getting their take on current events and issues that affect society on a personal and global level.
3. I love popcorn! I sometimes go to the movie just to get the popcorn.
4. Music is a very important part of my life and I am a fan of all genres of music from R&B to Country and everything in between.
5. I am also a student working on a criminal justice degree.
6. I am originally from Michigan having been born and raised in Flint. I attended Beecher High School (Go Bucs).
7. I have an adult son who still resides in California. He plays the guitar and drums in a couple of local bands and he is also a disc jockey for hire.
8. Television is another passion of mine. I started recording most of the shows I watch so that I can fast forward through the commercials. It saves me about fifteen minutes on an hour show.
9. I also work as a case manager for adults with acute mental illnesses. Some of them are better off than others; however they all are on some form of psychotropic medication.
10. I enjoy playing card and board games. Some of my favorite games are Spades, Bid Whist, Pictionary, and Motownopoly.
11. I like watching professional basketball and I am a lifelong Detroit Piston fan, no matter what city in which I take up residence.
12. I miss California in a big way. My family and friends, the places to go, the beaches, the weather…Alas, the things we do for property ownership.
13. Finally I have found that I really like blogging and I am really getting into it in a big way.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants